If you wake up feeling tired and run down and have generalized pain throughout your body that doesn’t seem to improve, you could have fibromyalgia. Waking up multiple times a night and not being able to get back to sleep is also a sign of this condition. If caught early and treated appropriately fibromyalgia pain can resolve or at least be controlled. Chiropractic treatment is a very effective and gentle approach in the relief of fibromyalgia pain.
Diagnosing Your Fibromyalgia
There is a wide spectrum of signs and symptoms associated with fibromyalgia. The first four symptoms however, must be present in order to have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia Syndrome.
- Generalized body pain of 3 or more month’s duration.
- Widespread pain on both sides of the body, above and below the waist
- Pain at 11 out of 18 predictable “tender points”
- Sleep disturbance
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Diffuse muscle and joint pain which increases with activity
- Fatigue often accompanied by a “hazy” or “foggy” sensation
- Inability to concentrate often leading to anxiety and frustration
- Numbness in various body regions (often transient).
- Irritable bowel can and digestive problems.
- Tension headaches and/or migraine headaches
- TMJ syndrome
Chiropractic Treatment of Fibromyalgia Pain
If you have generalized pain and tender spots throughout your body, with back pain, neck pain and headaches, there is a good possibility that our treatment may offer you a great deal of relief. Chiropractic treatment can reduce the pain associated with your fibromyalgia by improving alignment, muscle tone and posture.
If you would like help with fibromyalgia Pain, please call my office or walk-in for treatment.